What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any webpage. The cookie utility is for the web to be able to remember your visit when you navigate through that page again. Although many people do not know the cookies
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, nor a Trojan, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, nor opens pop-up windows.
What information stores a cookie ?
The cookies does not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. Data that keeps your technical character, personal preferences, content customization, etc. .
The web server does not associate you as a person if not to your web browser. In fact, if you usually surf with Internet Explorer and try a ship with the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web is not an account that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Technical Cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user and a registered user, basic tasks for the operation Any dynamic website.
- Cookies analysis: information about the type of navigation you are making, the sections that are most used, products consulted, time slot, language, etc.
- Advertising Cookies: Display advertising based on your navigation, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are the cookies and third-party cookies?
The own cookies are those generated by the page that is in the book and the of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if you turn off cookies ?
To understand the scope that can have off the cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content from that site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website can not adapt to the contents of your personal preferences, as it happens in online stores.
- I can not access the personal area of that website, such as My account , My profile My orders .
- Online shops: You will not be able to shop online, they will have to be telephone or they will be dedicated to the physical store if you have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult for the web to be competitive.
- You can not blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content.
- Can not display sectored advertising, which reduces the advertising revenue of the web.
Can the cookies be deleted?
Yes. Not only remove, also block, in general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website you should go to your browser settings and search for the associations to the domain in question and proceed to delete them.
Configuring cookies for more polular browsers
Here’s how to access a particular cookie from the Chrome browser. Note: These steps may vary depending on your browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences in the File menu or by clicking the customization icon that appeared above right.
- You will see different sections, click the Show advanced options option.
- Go to Privacy , Content Settings .
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list with all the cookies sorted by domain will appear.
- After performing this filter they will appear in one or more lines with the cookies of the requested web. Now just select and press the X to proceed to its elimination
To access the cookiessettings of the Internet Explorer browser follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookiesconfiguration of the Firefox browser follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Optionsor Preferencesdepending on your operating system.
- Click Privacy.
- In Historychoose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the Accept cookiesoption, you can enable or disable it according to your preferences.
To access the cookiessettings of the Safari browser for OSX, follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see Block cookiesoption to adjust the block type you want to perform.
To access the cookiessettings of Safari iOSbrowser follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the Block cookiesoption to adjust the type of block you want to perform.
To access the cookiessettings of the browser for Android devices follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the Accept cookiesoption to enable or disable the checkbox.
To access the cookiessettings of the browser for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- You can now enable or disable the Allow cookiescheck box.